Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Wanna be in the know?

I was looking for Juicy's original sample, and I found a few other songs as well.

1) Nas - It Ain't Hard To Tell
Sample: Michael Jackson - Human Nature
2) Big Pun - I'm Not A Player
Sample: O'Jays - Darlin, Darlin Baby
3) AZ - Sugar Hill
Sample: Juicy - Sugar Free
4) Ghostface Killa - All That I Got Is You
Sample: The Jackson 5 - Maybe Tomorrow
5) Notorious BIG - Juicy
Sample: Mtume - Juicy Fruit
6) Jay Z - Can I Live?
Sample: Isaac Hayes - The Look of Love
7) Mobb Deep - Trife Life
Sample: Norman Conners - Starship
8) A Tribe Called Quest - Description of A Fool
Sample: Roy Ayers - Running Away
9) Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But A G' Thang
Sample: Leon Haywood - I Wanna Do Something Freaky
10) EPMD - Please, Listen To My Demo
Sample: Faze-O - Ridin' High
11) Pete Rock & CL Smooth - All The Places
Sample: Donald Byrd - Places and Spaces
12) Redman - A Day of the Sooperman Lover
Sample: Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Superman Lover
13) Notorious BIG - One More Chance
Sample: DeBarge - Stay With Me
14) Big Daddy Kane - Smooth Operator
Sample: Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long
15) A Tribe Called Quest - Bonita Applebum
Sample: Ramp - Daylight
16) Black Moon - Buck Em' Down
Sample: Donald Byrd - Wind Parade
17) De La Soul - Me, Myself & I
Sample: Funkadelic - Knee Deep

Thanks for the digs.
http://soundnexx.blogspot.com/2006/01/sample-this-lesson-1-tracklist-alright.html